Disabled Veteran License Information
- Applicable Arizona Statutes - A.R.S. 17-336(A)(2);
- Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-202
- Applicable Federal Statutes or Rule – none
Brief Description – An eligible applicant is a disabled veteran who has been a resident of Arizona for at least one year immediately preceding the application. A disabled Veteran’s License is issued to a disabled veteran who is receiving compensation from the United States government for permanent service connected disabilities rated at 100% disabling. Eligibility for the disabled veteran’s license is based on the disability rating, not on the compensation received by the veteran. The Disabled Veteran’s License grants all the privileges of a Hunt/Fish Combination License.
- Process: Complete application form
- Application/Certification: Form 2729 [pdf]
- Fee: None
License Expiration: License is valid for a lifetime
from date of issuance.
- Additional Information: If the Department of Veterans Affairs certifies that the applicant’s disability rate of 100% is permanent and will not be reevaluated, a new certification is not required for renewal. If reevaluated in three years, the disabled veteran’s license will expire three years from the date of issuance.
- License Application may be processed and the license issued from the Phoenix Office or any Regional Office.