Special Licenses and Permits
In order to possess, process or handle wildlife in Arizona outside of hunting and fishing seasons, you generally need a special license. This page should help you determine what type of license you might need, the forms you need to complete, the fees and the process to seek the license.
The links below will allow you to view the needed form, complete the form on the computer or print the form for completion by hand. All forms need to be mailed to the appropriate regional office for processing as they require a signature. Unless indicated in the checklist information for the form, all forms and supplemental information should be sent to the regional office that covers the area where you live or the area where your activity will take place.
We are now requesting you provide your e-mail (if available) on the applications. This will aid us in sending you renewal notices, contacting you if more information is needed and to send you any updates or notices pertinent to your permit/license.
The below Special License pages contain an explanation of each license, statutes and commission rules, checklist for submission and application process, license application, and report or other information if required.
- Aquatic Stocking License *
- CHAMP License
- Crossbow License
- Disabled Veteran License
Fur Dealer License *
- Game Bird Field Trial License *
- Game Bird Field Training License*
- Game Bird Hobby License*
- Game Bird Shooting Preserve License*
- Live Bait Dealer's License*
- Meat Processing License *
- Pioneer License
- Private Game Farm License*
Scientific Collection License
- Small Game Depredation License*
- Special Group Fishing License
- Sport Falconry License*
- Taxidermist License *
- White Amur Restocking License*
- White Amur Stocking License*
- Wildlife Hobby License*
- Wildlife Holding License *
Wildlife Rehabilitation License*
- Wildlife Service License *
- Zoo License *
- For educators and school district science coordinators—information on using live crayfish in the classroom
*Application goes to the regional offices