Now accepting applications for Wildlife Managers.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a wildlife science* or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona drivers license
- Must be able to pass AZ POST medical exam including full physical, drug screening, hearing and vision tests
- Must pass physical fitness testing
Note: The existence of any of the following conditions may result in rejection from the selection process. These areas will be fully explored during the polygraph and background examinations.
Marijuana-- Illegal use of marijuana exceeds a total of 20 times or exceeds five (5) times since the age of 21 years, or at anytime within the past three (3) years.
Dangerous Drugs/Narcotics/Vaporous Substances-- Illegal use of dangerous drugs, narcotics or vaporous substances exceeds a total five (5) times or exceeds one time since the age of 21, or at anytime within the past seven (7) years. Dangerous drugs and/or narcotics include hashish, cocaine/crack, amphetamines/barbiturates, LSD/acid, PCP/angel dust, magic mushrooms, etc. Anabolic steroids have been considered dangerous drugs since January 1, 1994.
Peyote/Mescaline-- Illegal use of peyote or mescaline as described under the Dangerous Drugs section above. (exception: the use of peyote/mescaline is permitted for bona fide religious ceremonies).
Heroin-- Use of heroin at any time.
Illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transplanted for a sale of any illegal drug.
Prescription Drugs-- Shall not have a pattern of abuse of prescription medication.
THEFT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF PROPERTY
- Any demonstrated pattern of habitual theft.
- Any theft while serving in a position of trust.
ACTS CONSTITUTING A FELONY
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or any act which would constitute a felony if committed in the State of Arizona, regardless of the time elapsed since conviction.
- The convictions of any act of domestic violence.
FRAUD OR MISREPRESENTATION
Any intentional attempt to practice any deception or fraud in
- The employment application and background information questionnaire.
- Any of the various testing processes, including the polygraph examination.
- Any demonstrated pattern of indebtedness over an extended period which has resulted in repossessions or foreclosures or submissions of bills to a collection agency.
ARIZONA GAME AND FISH LAWS
- Any demonstrated pattern of game and fish law violations with a frequency so as to indicate disrespect for game and fish laws within the past five (5) years.
- Shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.
PEACE OFFICER STATUS
- Peace Officer Status shall not have been previously denied, revoked, or the current status under suspension.
- More than one serous traffic violation (D.U.I., reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident) within the last five (5) years.
- Any serious traffic violation (D.U.I., reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident) within the past three (3) years.
- Any demonstrated pattern of traffic violations with a frequency so as to indicate disrespect for traffic laws and the safety of other persons on the highway within the past three (3) years.